The European Network of Educational Support and Concern (ENESCO) announce a conference to be held in Vienna at the Modul Hotel, Saturday, 29th of October. This International Summit among Educational Institutes of School Support aims to explore the present and future of the supporting educational models throughout the world.
During the conference representatives from Germany, France, Portugal, Austria, Cyprus, Italy, Turkey and Greece will give presentations of the strong educational supporting models in their respective countries. Delegations from USA and Australia have been invited as well to present their own examples.
The subject matter of the conference is a follow up of the discussions held in the previous conference in Lisbon, December 2010 and will focus on the following objectives:
- Ratification of the Charter of ENESCO.
- Discussion among the European participants with their counterparts from USA (National Tutoring Assosiation) and Australia (Australian Tutoring Association) regarding the founding declaration of the respective global organization (INESCO).
- Establishment of a permanent committee appointed to deal with the subject of exchanging educational experience and expertise.
|9.30 – 10.00 am:||Arrival of delegations and registration|
|10.00 – 10.30 am:||Identifying the objectives of Vienna’s pioneering international meeting of institutes of school support, George Hagitegas, ENESCO coordinator.|
|10.30 – 11.00 am:||Presentation of the educational supporting model in USA, Kabir Kassam, Vice President of the National Tutoring Association (NTA).|
|11.00 – 11.30 am:||Presentation of the educational supporting model in Australia, Mohan Dhall, Chief Executive Officer of Australian Tutoring Association (ATA)|
|11.30 – 11.45 am:||The Greek “Frontistirio”. Presentation of the Greek example. An afternoon school for students with less financially privileged backgrounds, Konstantinos Petropoulos President of O.E.F.E. John Vafeiadakis, General Secretary of O.E.F.E.|
|11.45 – 12.00 am:||The Turkish “Dershane”. Presentation of an influential and successful model. Ibrahim Tasel, Representative of TODER, Coordinator of ENESCO.|
|12.00 – 12.15 am:||The Cyprus “Polyfrontistirio”. The educational services of the non-formal education in Cyprus. Marios Charalampous, Coordinator of ENESCO, Adonis Mylonas, President of SIFK.|
|12.15 – 12.30 am:||The evening complementary education in German “nachhilfe”, Cornelia Sussieck, chairman of BiN (Bundesverband inhabergeführter Nachhilfeschulen e.V.), Coordinator of ENESCO.|
|12.30 – 13.00 am:||Panel discussion, Questions from the audience|
|13.00 – 14.00:||Break|
|14.00 – 17.00:||Discussion among the delegations regarding the structure, the objectives and the charter of the International Network of Companies for the Educational Support and concern.|
|17.00 – 17.30:||Summit Resolutions – Declaration of Principles|
- For room reservations in Modul you can use the following contact details: Hotel Modul, Peter Jordan Strasse 78 Vienna, Phone: +43-1-476 60-0, email@example.com
http://www.hotelmodul.at, providing the explanation “ENESCO Meeting”
- Participation from Italy, Czech Republic, Austria, Poland and Portugal is yet to be confirmed.